Last Updated: September 30, 2007
The kinds of Personal Information we collect from users of the Site and how that information is collected;
How we use your Personal Information;
The circumstances under which we disclose Personal Information to third parties;
How you can access, update or delete any Personal Information collected about you by us; and
The mechanisms we have implemented to protect your Personal Information.
We are committed to protecting users' privacy. Keeping the Personal Information you share with us on the Site secure and ensuring your understanding of how we collect, use, disclose and maintain your Personal Information is important to us. We maintain reasonable physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect your Personal Information and while no data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure from intrusion, we have used and will continue to use commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the protection of your Personal Information.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you are a California resident and request information about how to exercise your third party disclosure choices you must send a request to the following address with a preference on how our response to your request should be sent (email or postal mail). Send an email to the Privacy Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org, or you may contact us via regular mail at:
Conduit Transcriptions, Inc.
30423 Canwood Street, Suite 235
Agoura Hills, CA 91301
Attn: Your California Privacy Rights
c/o Privacy Administrator
All requests sent via regular mail must be labeled "Your California Privacy Rights" on the envelope or post card and clearly stated on the actual request. For all requests, please include your name, street address, city, state, and zip code (your street address is optional if you wish to receive a response to your request via email. Please include your zip code for our own recordkeeping). We will not accept requests via the telephone or by facsimile. We are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or do not have complete information.
Conduit Transcriptions, Inc.
30423 Canwood Street, Suite 235
Agoura Hills, CA 91301
Attn: Your California Privacy Rights
c/o Privacy Administrator
GENERAL PRIVACY INFORMATION
a. Collection of Personal Information During Registration. To the extent we offer user registration on the Site, to register as a member of the Site, you are required to select a user name and password (together, your “User ID”), and may be required to also provide other Personal Information, such as your email address, first and last name, gender, date of birth, country and zip code. Additional Personal Information may be requested during the registration process (but not required). We will allow you to change the password portion of your User ID, as well as certain other Personal Information or Sensitive Personal Information you have given us in order to keep your information current, but once you select a user name you will not be able to change that user name provided to us during registration and which is associated with your User ID. Among other things, these kinds of information help us securely identify you as a registered or permitted user of the Site and our features and functions. You will not be able to change your date of birth without sufficient verification.
As a registered user of the Site, from time to time, we may also provide you with certain options to subscribe to a selection of free email newsletters and other periodic information. You may select such options by opting-in at the time of registration or by responding to an offer or invitation at a later date. You will also have the right to opt-out (unsubscribe) or change your preferences at any time by logging in with your User ID and changing the settings in your account. You may also opt-out to particular email communications by responding to that email and using the “unsubscribe” or opt-out procedure included in that communication.
b. Collection of Personal Information During Registration or In Connection with Certain Features and Functions. During registration (and possibly at certain other times to enable your use of other features or functions or for security purposes), you will be required to provide us with certain information about you in order for us to allow you to use the features and functions that we may offer on the Site.
We caution that most wireless transmissions are not secured and there is a greater risk of an unknown third party’s interception of messages or a user’s Personal Information when using a wireless communications device.
Users that register for Conduit Transcriptions’ wireless marketing services acknowledge, understand and agree that they will be charged by the user’s wireless carrier for all messages sent to the user from Conduit Transcriptions. Standard messaging rates will apply, unless noted otherwise. Under no circumstances will the Site, Conduit Transcriptions, or it’s Affiliates be responsible for any wireless email or text messaging charges incurred by a user or by a person that has access to a user’s wireless device, telephone number, or email address.
a. Registration. To the extent we provide wireless marketing services, there are two registration methods provided for Conduit Transcriptions’ wireless marketing services. Standard rate Promotions will be subject to either the “single opt-in” or the “double-opt-in” (Site/SMS) method, at the discretion of Conduit Transcriptions depending on the type of Promotion. Premium rate services will require the “double opt-in” (Site/SMS or SMS/SMS) method.
1. Single Opt-in Method: In response to print, radio, television, Internet, or other promotional messages, users will be directed to send a specific word or code via a text message to a designated telephone number to register for the service promoted. The user’s voluntary submission of the designated word or code to Conduit Transcriptions will mean that the user has freely and affirmatively granted permission to Conduit Transcriptions to send text messages to him or her. Conduit Transcriptions will thank the user for his or her registration by sending a “Thank you” message. The user may terminate the service at any time by using the unsubscribe command in any text message from Conduit Transcriptions or by sending a text message to Conduit Transcriptions that says “STOP”, “END”, “CANCEL”, “REMOVE”, “UNSUBSCRIBE” or “QUIT”.
3. Double Opt-in (SMS/SMS) Method: In response to print, radio, television, Internet, or other promotional messages, users will be directed to send a specific word or code via a text message to a designated telephone number to register for the service promoted. Conduit Transcriptionswill then send a “Confirmation” message to the user’s designated wireless device and will request that the user confirm that he or she has agreed to receive messages from Conduit Transcriptions to that particular telephone number (or wireless domain name when appropriate). The user must respond to the “Confirmation” message with a text message that states “YES” or “Y” that will indicate the user’s acceptance of Conduit Transcriptions’ wireless marketing service. Until the user responds to the “Confirmation” message, the user is not registered for the specific wireless marketing service subject to the Promotion. A user may respond to the “Confirmation” message at any time provided that Conduit Transcriptions may choose to terminate offering wireless marketing service at any time and the user’s response to the “Confirmation” is only valid if the response is received while Conduit Transcriptions continues to offer the specific wireless marketing service.
b. Termination of Services by User. Regardless of which one of the above opt-in methods was used to register, users may revoke their consent to receive messages from Conduit Transcriptions by the following procedure:
A user may cancel one or more services via his or her wireless device at any time by using the unsubscribe mechanism provided by Conduit Transcriptions at the time the message is sent, or by sending a text message that says “STOP”, “END”, “CANCEL”, “REMOVE”, “UNSUBSCRIBE” or “QUIT”. Conduit Transcriptions will terminate the user’s registration for the most recent wireless service sent to the user. Any of these words followed by the word “ALL” in the user’s termination request will cancel all of the user’s registered wireless services with Conduit Transcriptions. If the user unsubscribes from one or all of Conduit Transcriptions service(s) via his or her wireless device, the service(s) will be terminated immediately and will cancel the user’s previous opt-in.
c. Termination of Services by Conduit Transcriptions. A user understands, acknowledges and agrees that Conduit Transcriptions may, in its sole discretion and without liability to any user, terminate its offer of any specific wireless marketing service or all wireless marketing services at any time without advance notice. Conduit Transcriptions may provide notice of terminations or changes in services on this Site.
d. Use of Information. Conduit Transcriptions will not use a wireless telephone number, wireless or conventional Internet email address, or other Personal Information submitted for its wireless marketing services for any other purpose but to provide the service requested, unless we provide advance notice of any other use. We will not share such Personal Information with Advertisers or other third party marketers unless you opt-in to such disclosure. We will share such Personal Information with the operational service providers that assist us in delivering these wireless services to you and with the Affiliates.
3. Accuracy and Confidentiality: It is your responsibility to give us current, complete, truthful and accurate information, including Personal Information, and to keep such information up to date. We cannot and will not be responsible for any problems or liability that may arise if you do not give us accurate, truthful or complete information or Personal Information or you fail to update such information or Personal Information.
You are solely responsible for maintaining the strict confidentiality of your User ID, if applicable, and for any charges, costs, expenses, damages, liabilities and losses we incur or may suffer as a result of your failure to do so. You, and not us, are solely responsible and liable for your activity, behavior, use and conduct on the Site and for any use of the Site or any other activity or conduct in connection with the Site, by any others who use your User ID, unless and until you notify us that your User ID may have been compromised, misappropriated or improperly taken or used by another party.
Bear in mind that when you submit information to us, it does not guarantee that we will permit you to use any or all of the features or functions of the Site.
Keeping count of your return visits to the Site, Affiliates’, Advertisers' or partners' sites;
Accumulating and reporting aggregate, statistical information in connection with the Site;
Determining which features users like best; and
Saving your User ID or other information so you don't have to re-enter it each time you visit the Site.
Although we may track the numbers of users to inform us on how best to update the Site and enhance the experience for all users, Personal Information is not extracted in this process. We use tracking information on an aggregated basis to help us operate the Site, enhance and improve our services, improve the look of the Site and display advertising and marketing information. You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie or image tag is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all such devices. This is done through your browser. If you turn cookies off, you may not have access to many features of the Site that make your Internet experience more efficient and enjoyable – like the features mentioned above – and some of our other services will not function properly.
a. Co-Branded Services and Features. The Site may also offer co-branded services and features, such as events and Promotions that we put together with another company or our Affiliates ("Co-Branded Partner"). Such services and features may be hosted on the Site and/or our Co-Branded Partner’s website. We may share your Personal Information with our Co-Branded Partner and your voluntary use of or participation in a co-branded service or feature means that you opt-in and give your affirmative consent to both the Site and our Co-Branded Partner to collect and use your Personal Information provided during the registration process and/or in connection with the specific co-branded feature or service for the fulfillment of the feature or service and for marketing or administrative purposes. If you wish to opt-out of a Co-Branded Partner's future use of your Personal Information for marketing purposes, you will need to contact the Co-Branded Partner directly. The Co-Branded Partner will be identified on the co-branded feature or service.
b. Operational Service Providers. We also have the right to disclose your Personal Information to third parties for the purpose of administering and maintaining the Site’s services, features, functions and operations. We will refer to these third parties as “operational service providers”. We use operational service providers to efficiently provide the full range of content, activities, services, features and functions we bring you and we request that our operational service providers also protect your privacy and not disclose your Personal Information or Sensitive Personal Information to third party marketers that are not associated with the Site or Conduit Transcriptions. Additionally, such operational service providers are not permitted to use your Personal Information or Sensitive Personal Information for their own marketing or promotional purposes.
c. Other Non-Affiliated Third Parties. We will make your Personal Information and Sensitive Personal Information available to non-affiliated third parties in the following limited circumstances:
When we are compelled to do so by a governmental agency, court or other entity (e.g., to respond to subpoenas, court orders or legal process);
If, in our sole discretion, we believe such disclosure to be necessary or appropriate to investigate or resolve possible problems or inquiries, to protect our business and assets, to defend our interests and/or to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations; or
In the event of a bankruptcy, merger, acquisition, transfer of control, joint venture or other business combination involving us, or our Affiliates.
7. Security & Protection of Personal Information: We maintain reasonable standards of security and confidentiality. However, for most Internet sites, it is possible that third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications over an unsecured transmission. We conduct financial transactions via secured transmissions but may not always secure other parts of the Site. We also limit access to the Site by our own employees to those individuals who are authorized for the proper handling of such information and any employee found violating our standards of security and confidentiality will be subject to our disciplinary processes. We request that our operational service providers follow the same policy.
8. Phishing: Phishing attacks attempt to steal consumers’ personal identity data and financial account credentials. “Phishers” use ‘spoofed’ e-mails to lead consumers to counterfeit websites designed to trick recipients into divulging Personal Information such as credit card numbers, account usernames, passwords, and social security numbers. WE DO NOT SEND EMAILS ASKING YOU TO PROVIDE OR CONFIRM SENSITIVE PERSONAL INFORMATION OR YOUR USERNAME OR PASSWORD! If you receive such email communication, please forward it immediately to the Site’s Privacy Administrator at email@example.com, and then immediately delete the fraudulent email from your computer.
9. Review, Update or Delete Your Personal Information: Generally, you may review, update or delete your Personal Information or Sensitive Personal Information collected by the Site. You may also correct factual inaccuracies. However, Personal Information that is necessary to check eligibility, such as date of birth or age cannot be deleted, but may be modified with sufficient verification of the correct information. Deletion or attempted deletion of certain Personal Information, such as your user name, may not be permitted and/or may result in suspension of your account or termination of any registration you may have made. To review, update or delete your Personal Information or Sensitive Personal Information collected by the Site, please click “MY ACCOUNT” on the homepage to sign in to your Site account with your User ID. Then, click on "YOUR ACCOUNT INFO" to change, update, or delete your Personal Information.
If you wish to review Personal Information collected for Promotions such as contests and sweepstakes, you will need to contact the Site’s Privacy Administrator via email with a request at firstname.lastname@example.org and be prepared to provide verification of your identity. Personal Information collected for certain entries are subject to corporate and regulatory recordkeeping requirements and will not be deleted upon the user’s request, unless the entrant is a minor under the age of 13 years old.
We reserve the right to deny access, use and registration privileges to any user, including without limitation, a registered user, of any services, features or functions of the Site if we believe there is a question about the identity of the person trying to access the user’s account or any services, features or functions. And if the burden or expense of providing access to your Personal Information is disproportionate to the risks to your privacy, or if the legitimate rights of others would be violated, we may decide not to provide access to such information. In such cases, we will provide to you an explanation of why access cannot be provided and contact information for further inquiries.
Copyright © 2007 Conduit Transcriptions, Inc. - All Rights Reserved.